We’ve been getting quite a few requests for our Pecan French Toast Bake. Ten minutes prep before you go to bed and another ten minutes in the morning make this a simple dish that will please your breakfast crowd.
- Loaf of challah bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups of buttermilk
- 2/3 cups of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray
- Place two layers of Challah bread into baking pan. Bread will not evenly fit in pan so tear small pieces to fill gaps.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, heavy cream, Bailey’s Irish cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl until well combined.
- Pour egg wash over bread in baking pan
- After ensuring bread is soaked in egg wash, cover with aluminum foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, maple syrup, brown sugar and pecans and mix until crumbly.
- Spread topping over Challah bread.
- Bake at 350 for approximately one hour. Bread should rise out of pan and appear puffy when ready.
- Cool for ten minutes and serve. Add whip cream and/or sliced bananas for extra fun.