Drive out to Pisgah National Forest. Stop and enjoy the beauty of Looking Glass Falls. Slide into the COLD water at Sliding Rock. Hike or explore the exhibits at the NC Arboretum.
- Drive out to Pisgah National Forest.
- Take a Left of out front parking lot.
- Take a Left at 1st light (Bearcat Blvd.)
- Take a Left at 1st light (Church St.)
- Take a Right at 1st light (7th Ave./Hwy 64 West)
- Go one block turn Left (following Hwy. 64 West)
- Go one-half a block turn Right (following Hwy. 64 West)
- Stay on Hwy 64 for about 16 miles, until you reach intersection with Hwy. 280 & Hwy. 276.
- Go straight through the intersection onto Hwy. 276 North.
- You will enter the Pisgah National Forest.
Stop and enjoy the beauty of Looking Glass Falls. (You can play in the water at the bottom of the falls – be very careful, rocks are extremely slippery when wet!)
Slide into the COLD water at Sliding Rock. (This is where the cut off shorts come in handy! That rock can be rough on a thin bathing suit.)
Explore the Cradle of Forestry Center or the Fish Hatchery.
- Continue through the Forest (a total of about 10 miles) to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Turn right on the Blue Ridge Parkway (heading North)
Stop and eat lunch and enjoy the fabulous views at the Pisgah Inn.
- Continue on the Blue Ridge Parkway (a total of about 18 miles) towards Asheville (North).
- Watch for the sign that says Hwy 191/Asheville/Hendersonville/NC Arboretum.
Take a Left to Hike or explore the exhibits at the NC Arboretum. (Follow signs)
Stop at Zen Tubing for a 2 - 3 hour tubing ride down the French Broad River. (Go to stop sign at Hwy 191 and take a right. Go ¼ mile, they are located at the Sandy Bottoms Picnic Area on left)
Continue on the Blue Ridge Parkway (about another 12 miles) to the Folk Art Center
Return to the 1898 Waverly Inn for the Evening Tasting Hour.
- Take Hwy 191 South from Blue Ridge Parkway for about 7 miles (intersects with Hwy 280)
- Turn Right onto Hwy 191S/Hwy 280W – go about 1 mile
- Turn Left to stay on Hwy 191. Go about 7 miles (intersects with Hwy 25 Business/Asheville Hwy.)
- Take a slight right onto Asheville Hwy.
- Go through 4 stop lights and then turn Left into alley/parking lot (immediately after Allstate building – there is a small sign for Remax there as well)
- At end of Alley turn Left. Inn will be on the Left.