Waterfalls & Lake
- Take Left out of front parking lot.
- Take Left at 1st light (Bearcat Blvd.)
- Take Left at 1st light (Church St.)
- Go 10 blocks and turn Right ontKanuga Road.
- Kanuga becomes Crab Creek Rd. after 3.9 miles at Little River Rd. (flashing traffic light). Continue on Crab Creek 7.1 miles tDuPont Rd.
- Take Left ontDuPont Road (which becomes Staton Road)
- Go 3.1 miles on DuPont / Staton Road to the Hooker Falls Parking Lot on the right, just before the DOT bridge across the Little River.
- Park in the Hooker Falls Parking Lot.
- Take a hike, see some waterfalls!
Hooker Falls (Follow Hooker Falls Road on foot 0.25 miles)
Hooker Falls is the fourth falls on the Little River, and drops about 11' into Cascade Lake. Hooker Fall was part of the original DuPont State Forest, and has become a popular swimming hole. Care to cool off?
Triple Falls (About a 15 minute walk from the Hooker Falls Parking Lot: Cross over Staton Road, watch for traffic. The Triple Falls Trail runs along Little River upstream for 0.3 mile. There is a trail down tthe falls further up on the left.)
Triple Falls is the third of the Little River Falls, which consists of three distinct cascades, totaling about 120' in vertical drop. The falls was featured in the movie Last of the Mohicans.
High Falls is the second and tallest of the Little River falls, and slides 150' down an inclined plane of granite. – You have twoptions here!
For those who want a good workout:
- Continue on High Falls Trail that goes off tleft from Triple Falls Trail. It’s about a 15 minute hike mostly uphill.
For those who want to see the falls without the workout:
- Go back to your vehicle and turn right out of Hooker Falls Parking Lot.
- Go about 0.9 mile tHigh Falls Park Lot on left. Follow Buck Forest Road on foot to High Falls Trail (on left) to viewing area near picnic shelter.
- Go back tthe vehicle
- Take a left out of High Falls Parking Lot (if you did the easy trail)
- OR take a right out of Hooker Falls Parking Lot (if you took the long hike)
- Follow Staton Road until it dead ends into Cascade Lake Road.
- Turn Left on Cascade Lake Road (go about 2.5 miles)
- Turn Left on Reasonover Road (go about 2.8 miles – if you get to US-276 you have gone too far.)
- Park in the Fawn Lake Parking Lot
Bridal Veil Falls Bridal Veil Falls is the first falls of the Little River, and is probably the most unique. It drops off an overhanging ledge which allows visitors to walk underneath (as shown in Last of the Mohicans), then the water sheets down a long, shallow inclined plane of granite before tumbling into the pool below. Bridal Veil Falls is a much longer hike.
- From the Fawn Lake Access Area, turn right 0.10 miles and take the first left on Conservation Road for 1.70 miles past the airstrip.
- Turn left on Bridal Veil Falls Road 0.53 miles to the base of the Bridal Veil Falls.
- Total=2.33 miles.
Head back to the Inn
- Turn right out of Fawn Lake parking lot onto Reasonover Road
- Turn ight onto Cascade Lake Road
- Turn Right ontoStaton road
- Turn right onto Crab Creek Road
- Turn left onto King Street (downtown Hendersonville)
- Go north about 10 blocks to the Inn